Hyper360 aims at introducing a complete solution for the capture, production, enhancement, delivery and consumption of an innovative free viewpoint video (FVV) media format to the OTT media sectors, through careful validation and large demonstrations. Envisioning increasingly immersive experiences, the convergence of omnidirectional (360°) and 3D content will extend current short productions of 360° videos with novel and powerful storytelling opportunities. Furthermore, leveraging on the – inherent to the selected format – capabilities, the broadband delivered content will be offered with additional audio-visual functionalities, bringing together more types of digital content, and adapted according to the viewer’s preferences offering unique experiences upon content consumption.
With novel content through the fusion of modern formats (360° and 3D), the European media sector can gain an edge over global competition, reduce the global players’ market share and even penetrate global markets that have been unreachable until now, both through content and service provisions.
- Pano3D: A Holistic Benchmark and a Solid Baseline for 360 Depth Estimation
- PanoDR: Spherical Panorama Diminished Reality for Indoor Scenes
- Single‑shot cuboids: Geodesics‑based end‑to‑end Manhattan aligned layout estimationfrom spherical panoramas
- XR360: A Toolkit for Mixed 360 and 3D Productions
- Deep Lighting Environment Map Estimation from Spherical Panoramas